Designed as the next step onward from traditional day services the Skills and Engagement programs work with individual participants and their families to achieve long term employment and training goals. This is achieved through:
- Identifying skills, extending abilities and mentoring participants to achieve success in gaining qualifications and finding meaningful employment.
- Skill development, team building and capacity building support, achieving individual participant goals through communication, confidence building and inclusion
- Capacity-building opportunities for participants through group participation, supported problem solving and life-skill development.
- Exploring employment opportunities and promoting inclusion
Our current suite of Skills and Engagement programs include:
Safety Test and Tag
- Supported instruction and education in electrical safety by a qualified trainer/assessor
- Gain qualifications in testing and tagging of corded electrical appliances, tools and computers to meet government regulations
- Working toward nationally recognised certificate of competency
- Building sustainable employment opportunities
- Efficient inventory and record keeping
- Individual skill development, confidence building through personal mentoring and community economic inclusion
Café – Art and Enterprise
- Capacity building confidence through personal mentoring, identifying skills and achieving long term goals
- Developing pathways and contacts to further artistic ambitions
- Sourcing community options to promote, display and sell artwork
- Investigating enterprise channels to reproduce, print and sell products
- Gaining skills and training in hospitality, front of house and barista qualifications
- Exploring employment options and opportunity for further learning by a qualified trainer/assessor
Tools of the Trade
- Supported instruction in the correct usage and application of hand tools and power tools by a qualified trainer/assessor
- Education and mentorship to certificate in tool safety and handling
- Capacity building opportunities to work as part of a team, inclusion through group participation
- On the job training, identifying and rectifying problems throughout a variety of locations
- Life skill development, working with individuals to achieve long term goals
- Exploring further study, employment options and community economic inclusion.
NOW – Grow
- Developing a productive nursery that will provide opportunities to gain skills and competency in horticulture, including seed raising, propagation and maintenance of a variety of plant types.
- Planning, constructing and utilisation of greenhouse, grow dome, raised beds and hydroponic methods to create a nursery that will allow participants community economic inclusion
- Cultivating environmental awareness, using sustainable methods such as management of compost systems, recycling and worm farming
- Identifying skills, extending abilities and mentoring participants to achieve success in gaining qualifications and exploring employment opportunities
- Capacity-building participants through group participation, supported problem solving and life-skill development
NOW – Projects
- Skill development, team building and capacity building support, achieving individual participant goals through communication, confidence building and inclusion.
- Learning safe-handling and the correct usage of a variety of tools and machinery, both hand-tools and powered tools to gain Nationally recognised safety and compliance certificates.
- Working with local businesses to design, create and manufacture good-quality, special-order products for niche markets, and the procedures involved in meeting order obligations.
- Building opportunities for group participation, supported problem solving and life-skill development.
- Exploring further study, employment and community economic inclusion.